We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY retail.
Clapham High Street store is situated between the leafy green Clapham Common and Clapham High Street.
Our business is growing and we're keen to find outstanding retail Store Managers to lead our teams and support our future growth; becoming local experts that are trusted and relied upon by our loyal customers. Our superb training plan will set you up to succeed so you're ready to be captain of your ship.
Store Manager - Let’s paint the picture for you!
The Store Manager role in Leyland SDM has evolved; our managers are leading highly knowledgeable teams in delivering outstanding service to both trade and retail customers day in, day out.
Our store experience and team cultures are underpinned by our values, and are vital to continue our strong performance. Our Store Managers play a key role in making this happen.
You’ll be driving and motivating your team to deliver exceptional standards in everything we do.
As a Store Manager you’ll also:
- Lead, manage and coach colleagues and teams to create a ‘winning’ store culture, ensuring all colleagues are local experts; able to provide exceptional customer service
- Ensure key store compliances are being met; including stock control, health and safety, and people rostering
- Lead the way in ensuring store standards are consistently at the highest level
- Liaise and keep in contact with key account customers
- Manage people responsibilities – Recruitment, HR, probation/people reviews and reward and recognition
- Work with the wider business to improve the store brand and presence within London communities
Store Manager - What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
You’ll have a great track record in managing and leading teams in a customer facing retail environment, and a strong commercial mind.
Organising and planning will be second nature to you – an interest in DIY is always handy!
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Opportunities to be involved in wider business projects
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal