We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical & woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
You'll be assisting trade and retail customers with all their DIY, decorating and building material needs, offering advice and guidance on a vast range of products and services. We are the specialists and our customers are loyal to our expertise and knowledge.
Our environments are very sociable and whether we're mixing paint, providing outstanding service at the tills, managing deliveries or keeping the store looking it's best we do it with enthusiasm, knowing our customers will keep coming back for the same outstanding service.
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Confident communication skills – You will be interacting with customers everyday
- Can do attitude - We work better together, going the extra mile every day for each other and our customers
- Appetite to learn – The products we sell, mixing paint, our other in store services and store procedures – the opportunities will be endless!
- Previous customer facing experience - Whether in a builders merchant, DIY or other retailers or hospitality
- Flexibility – Our stores are open 7 days a week, with opening times generally 6:30am – 6pm with reduced hours at the weekends
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
* £10.00 hourly rate after 3 months service
- Quarterly bonus opportunities of upto £250
- Annual bonus opportunity of upto £400 (This was achieved in 2021)
- Career Development – our fast track managers programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal