We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical & woodwork materials throughout our 30 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail.
Our Finance function is the largest support function and we are looking for a Credit Controller to join.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
You’ll be part of our fast-paced credit control team, which currently consists of 5 colleagues. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of 200-300 customer accounts ensuring collection objectives are achieved.
Maintain customer records of all chasing debt activity and collate weekly/monthly reports
Manage reconciliations through ledger and debtor analysis, then allocate payments to clients accounts
Support and take ownership of the opening of new credit accounts
Conduct credit checks as required and set credit limits where appropriate
Escalating accounts to our debt collection or legal action
You will also collaborate with the team, finance function, and wider business to deliver process improvements and projects
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
Previous experience in a Credit Controller role
Ability to prioritize daily, managing and maintaining your portfolio of credit accounts Driven to work to targets and KPI’s
Spark and energy, living and breathing our core values
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity of upto £1,400 (This was achieved in 2021)
- Career Development – our fast track managers programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal