We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in Central London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical & woodwork materials throughout our 30 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Notting Hill store, a busy shop with both trade and retail customers getting great advice and products everyday.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
The Store Manager role in Leyland SDM has evolved and now our managers are leading highly knowledgeable teams in delivering outstanding service to both trade and retail customers day in, day out.
Our store experience and team cultures are vital to continue our strong performance and our Store Managers play a key role in making this happen.
You’ll be driving and motivating your team to deliver exceptional standards in everything we do.
Leading, managing & coaching colleagues and teams to create a ‘winning’ store culture
Ensuring key store compliances are being met including stock control, health and safety, people rostering & P&L management
Lead the way in ensuring store standards are consistently at the highest level
Liaising and keeping in contact with key account customers
Managing people responsibilities – Recruitment, HR, probation/people reviews
Work with the wider business to improve the store brand within London communities
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
You’ll have a great track record in managing and leading teams in a retail environment and a strong commercial mind.
Organising and planning will be second nature to you – an interest in DIY is always handy!
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity of upto 17.5% of salary
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal