We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY retail.
Camden Store is in the heart of trendy Camden town. NW1 has been loving its local DIY and decorating specialist ever since we open our doors in 1998.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
We do retail differently! As a Sales Assistant at Leyland SDM you'll be viewed by our loyal customers as a local expert. You’ll be assisting trade and retail customers with all their DIY, decorating and building material needs; offering advice and guidance on a vast range of products and services.
Don’t worry if you’ve never worked in DIY retail before, you’ll receive all the product knowledge training you need to support you in becoming our next local expert!
Our environments are very sociable and whether we're mixing paint, providing outstanding service at the tills, managing deliveries or keeping the store looking its best, we do it with enthusiasm.
Sales Assistant - What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Confident communication skills – You’ll be interacting with customers everyday
- Can-do attitude - We work better together, going the extra mile every day for each other, and for our customers
- Appetite to learn – Whether it's the products we sell, mixing paint, our other in-store services and procedures – the opportunities to learn will be endless!
- Previous customer facing experience - Whether that’s from a builders’ merchant, DIY or other retailers, or hospitality
- Flexibility – Our stores are open 7 days a week, with opening times generally from 6:30am – 6pm with reduced hours at the weekends
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Career Development – our fast track manager’s programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
We have opportunities across our 32 stores in Greater London. These include Acton, Battersea, Camden, Chelsea, Chiswick, Clapham High Street, Clapham Junction, Cricklewood, Dulwich, Ealing, Earls Court, Edgware Road, Farringdon, Finchley, Fulham, Goodge Street, Greenford, Hackney, Kensington, Kingston Upon Thames, Southwark, Maida Vale, Mile End, Notting Hill, Putney, Shaftesbury Avenue, Shoreditch, Streatham, Tooting and Victoria.