Field Sales Executive
Monday - Friday
Commission up to £20,000
We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores across London. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials and DIY Retail.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
Reporting directly to the Business Development Manager, as the Field Sales Executive you will be field based, working between our London-based stores and our support function offices in Wembley and Acton, providing an excellent shopping journey for all of our trade account customers.
You will be responsible for maximising revenue opportunities by acquiring new account customers and increasing the spend of our existing account customers. This will include promoting our products and services by working with the existing Business Development Team and collaborating with our retail store teams to ensure pro-active promotion of sales opportunities.
Don't worry - you won't be knocking on doors or cold calling! Instead you'll be using your natural ability to spot new opportunities to build relationships.
Field Sales Executive - What will you be doing?
- Identifying new business opportunities by building and maintaining relationships with perspective customers to increase their account spending activity
- Developing relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders in the business to ensure a smooth process for our account customers
- Create margin targets for assigned geographical areas to increase the profitability of trade accounts
- Negotiate bespoke quotes ensuring we are competitive in the market to build a strong relationship with our customers
- Giving an excellent shopping experience by overseeing promotions and deliveries to keep our customers satisfied and ensure regular custom from our account holders
- Prepare in conjunction with the Business Development Manager weekly and monthly activities, sales and reports to improve productivity within department
Field Sales Executive - What Skills and Experience will you need to have?
- Previous experience in a B2B / field sales environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- A thorough understanding of a sales process
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, written and verbal
- Ability to build rapport with customers and suppliers
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of products in the DIY sector would be a bonus but is not essential
How will performance in the role be measured?
- Achievement of sales targets
- Increase turnover of existing account customers
- Volume and activity of new trade accounts
- Diary management and visit schedules
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Commission structure starting at around £5,000, reaching up to £20,000
- Annual bonus opportunity on top
- 33 days holiday a year (includes public holidays)
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with salary sacrifice contributions
- Health Cash-plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme and LTIPS into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal