Deputy Store Managers
Who we are:
We are the local experts.
We' re regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of building materials and DIY retail.
We have opportunities across our 9 stores in the West London area. Locations include: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing, Earls Court, Edgware Road, Greenford, Kensington, Kingston Upon Thames, and Maida Vale.
Deputy Store Manager - Let’s paint the picture for you!
Our store experience and team cultures are underpinned by our values, and are vital to continue our strong performance. Our Deputy Store Managers play a key role in making this happen.
You’ll align with the Store Manager and lead the shop floor to ensure exceptional, consistent store standards, creating a fantastic culture and fun atmosphere. Honing your skills, you’ll be creating an in-store environment that makes customers feel welcome and comfortable, delivering excellent store performance at every turn.
As the Deputy Store Manager you'll also:
- Support and take ownership of key store compliances; including stock control, health and safety, people rostering and merchandising standards
- Lead and demonstrate excellence, ensuring all colleagues are local experts; able to provide exceptional customer service
- Delegate store responsibilities to the rest of the colleagues on the shop floor
- Get involved in people responsibilities – Recruitment, HR, probation/people reviews, and reward and recognition
- Work with the wider business to improve the store brand and presence within London communities
- Be accountable for the store when the Store Manager is not present
Deputy Store Manager - What key skills and experience are we looking for?
You’ll have a great track record in managing and leading teams in a retail environment as a Deputy or Assistant Manager, or a similar level position, along with a strong commercial mind, and the desire to progress your career further in retail management.
Organising and planning will be second nature to you – an interest in DIY is always handy!
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Career Development – our fast track manager’s programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cash-plan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal