We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in Central London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical & woodwork materials throughout our 30 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail. If you haven’t already you can find out much more about who we are and what we’re about at careers.leylandsdm.co.uk
We are on an exciting journey of growth and have an opportunity for a retail and sales focussed Area Manager to join us.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
The Area Manager role in Leyland SDM will be accountable for driving the performance and results in 10 of our London based stores, working with management teams focusing on delivering the goals and objectives of the business while putting colleagues and customers at the centre of achieving this. You’ll be part of our leadership team in developing our culture and strategies to grow and make this an even better place to work for colleagues and for our customers to shop with us, through supporting, leading and landing key projects in the business.
- Work with Store Managers to build an understanding of store performance, identify any issues and support the Store Manager in developing and evolving Store plans to achieve and exceed Sales and Profit budget
- Implement, monitor, coach and empower Store Managers to ensure compliance in key areas; Health & Safety, Stock Management, Team Reviews, Merchandising
- Monitor compliance checks across the 10 stores through our operational systems, analysing data and trends to make commercial decisions about store plans, building this into the store visits.
- Work with the Area Stock Controller to monitor and manage stock loss/shrinkage across the area
- Train, coach and empower teams, to create a self-sustaining and committed store population, who feel personally valued and motivated and aligned to our Vision & Values
- Review and challenge all aspects of current store operations, to identify opportunities and put forward recommendations for improvement, thereby ensuring the continual development of the business
- Proactively seeking growth opportunities including new store formats or locations
- Land and communicate key initiatives in the business to the area and/or business as a whole, involving others for development opportunities
- Develop relationships with departments within the business to identify improvements and ways of working
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Strong track record of having a commercial focus of delivering excellent financial results against budget with strong financial acumen
- Passionate to engage with your colleagues at all levels with a track record of developing people and teams so will need to have excellent communications skills
- Previous experience at driving excellent operational standards
- You will have experience of working in a challenging, fast paced, customer focussed, multi-site environment, ideally DIY retail but this is not essential
- Be fully conversant with IT Skills, particularly Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams)
How will we reward you?
On top of attractive base pay we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer:
- Generous bonus opportunity
- 33 days holiday a year
- Upto 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Health Cashplan – Claim money back on everyday healthcare treatments
- Life assurance
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal