We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in Central London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical and woodwork materials throughout our 32 stores. As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials and DIY Retail.
This is a newly created role supporting our two Area Managers, completing operational support activities and taking ownership of administration.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
Store Relationship Building & Operational Processes
This will be key to the role, understanding the operational processes in place and supporting managers to adhere and improve them if required:
Ensuring waste and stock processes are working sound, while continuing to drive down overall wastage
Gathering feedback from stores about the challenges faced with operational processes and procedures, feeding back to the Area Managers and supporting to identify solutions to the challenges
Become comms champion using YOOBIC, our internal communication platform, taking direction from Area Managers in managing and creating missions and requests, celebrating birthdays and special events and landing key messages to the stores
Compliance & Reporting
With various requests, deadlines and data required across the business, this is where you organisation and prioritising will shine through.
Collating and preparing various information and data when required, such as E-learning and training compliance amongst store colleagues, expenses and stationary order details of each store, reporting and feeding back to the Area Managers
Manage store maintenance needs and requests, contacting internal and/or external partners to support with store maintenance requirements
Owning the creation of the monthly board reports preparation for Operations; creating slide decks highlighting key information, challenges, successes, ATV in stores for the Area Managers to present back to the Senior Leadership Team
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Be able to prioritise, organise and highlight challenges with suggested solutions
Communication of a high standard, whether written or verbally
Ability to move at pace without letting anything be missed
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Annual bonus opportunity of up to £1,400 (This was achieved in 2021)
- Career Development – our fast track managers programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal