Do you love interacting with people, have spark and energy and a desire for outstanding career opportunities, training, and development?**** Read on!
We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in London, selling paint, decorating accessories, tools, plumbing, electrical, woodwork materials and much more throughout our 30 stores (Soon to be 31).
With more stores opening and a need for more exceptional talent to join us as we expand, we invite you to consider a customer service apprenticeship with us at Leyland SDM. Much more than just a job, we want this experience to give you the very best training and development, and a clear pathway for future opportunities in our growing business.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
Working in our one of our local stores (there are 31 across London - check out www.leylandsdm.co.uk for all our locations), you’ll be surrounded by strong leadership, knowledgeable colleagues and an exciting work environment.
You will be assisting trade and retail customers with all their DIY, decorating and building material needs, offering advice and guidance on a vast range of products and services. We are the specialists, and our customers are loyal to our expertise and knowledge.
Our environments are very sociable and whether we are mixing paint, providing outstanding service at the tills, managing deliveries, or keeping the store looking it's best, we do it with enthusiasm and a smile.
Your training and development will be on the job with workshop days where you’ll be learning all about customer service which will include online workshops with the Apprenticeship College in Hammersmith, West London. We anticipate you will begin your apprenticeship programme early in 2022 but in the meantime, we'll provide you with all the necessary training to work in one of our stores.
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
Confident communication skills – You will be interacting with customers and colleagues everyday
Can do attitude - We work better together, going the extra mile every day for each other and our customers
Appetite to learn – The products we sell, mixing paint, our other in store services and store procedures – the opportunities will be endless!
Flexibility – Our stores are open 7 days a week, with opening times generally 6:30am – 6pm with reduced hours at the weekends
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- 40 hour a week contract, with one day a week learning
- £7.25 an hour hourly rate, increasing after successfully completing of apprenticeship programme
- Quarterly bonus opportunities, upto £250 (We’ve had a great start to 2021!)
- Annual bonus opportunity, upto £400 (This was achieved in 2020)
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan – claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 100’s of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal